For several concerts in the last years I was privy to get pre-sale codes for the tickets. Official ones, there was nothing fishy about it. However, here comes the ‘but’: BUT they rarely ever work (without any problems).
Well, the codes themselves are ok, but there is usually something wrong with the homepage. Here’s my Top5 things that can go wrong when you have a pre-sale code:
- The page crashes because of the huge run on tickets. By the time they get it back up running the code won’t work anymore. You can only log in with it once (as opposed to buy tickets with it once like one would expect)
- Even though the pre-sale code is supposed to work for all concerts during the tour, it does only work for shows in the US/ only for shows in Europe. Of course, there is no warning anywhere. You send an email and get the reply that the tickets sales are operated by another company, who doesn’t work with these presale codes.
- You’re stuck in the waiting line (online of course) and are strictly advised not to refresh the side, because you will lose your spot in the queue. It also says, that the site automatically refreshes every 60 seconds. After 20 minutes of nothing you refresh, only to be told that your time to buy tickets has run out 5 minutes ago…(once it’s your turn you only have 15 minutes to complete the order)
- You wait, it’s your turn, you order, you type in your credit card information, you confirm the order and then… nothing. You’ll get redirected back to the queue without any knowledge, if your order went through or not. One time I had to play this game 5 times, never knowing if I was just ordering a huge amount of tickets.
- They announce the wrong date of the presale start. Of course, then your pre-sale code means nothing and you have to fight with all the others to get tickets…
I still get excited when I get pre-sale codes, but I always expect difficulties. I have yet to witness one pre-sale that goes smoothly.
How about you? Any experiences with pre-sale codes? Let me know 😉